Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 20, 2014

Howdy y'all,
 
Psyche. My pday is actually on Monday. I am well here in the hot Brazil. We walk everywhere so we get very sweaty. On my second day, I got a blister. My comp says that my feet will get used to it by the end of the month. I keep waiting for that day.
 
My comp and I are currently teaching 2 people - a lady named Ana P****, a man named Maurice, and a women Maria and her child. On Sunday, we had a baptism for a man and his son. I did the baptism but they were the sisters investigators. I don't have a ward but in my area I have a branch of about 60 people. They are friendly and love the gospel. There are 6 missionaries in my district - 2 elders and 4 sisters.
 
It is very hot here all the time. According to the office elders, I am in the hottest part of the mission. It is also humid. I haven't seen any snakes yet. The members feed us here. The main meal is lunch so every day except pday we go and eat with a member. The food is really good here. I also remember when you made cuzcus and only dad and I liked it. Here, cuzcuz is a big deal and I have had it with all but one meal. So it's a good thing I like it lol.
 
The stores here are interesting. you walk down main street and there are just shops, one grocery store, a furniture, hardware, snack, fruit, toy. There is a mall in my city but most of the people actually don't use it. They just go to the market. Another interesting thing about Brazil is all of their houses are wide open with lots of windows. The doors have vents in them. Its all designed for ventilation, because literally no one here have a/c. On a separate note though, they all have TV so it fun to see what things are important in life.
 
Thank y'all for your prayers in my behalf. This week, I was studying in 1 Nephi and I was reading the story about the broken bow. It struck me that even Lehi started to complain and murmur, the Dad and the prophet. Only Nephi relied on the Lord and I'm sure that it must of been hard for him to say, ``Dad shape up we need you to use the Liahona to find us food.`` But he did it. I think it's a great example of how just because someone is your perceived elder/superior doesn't mean that they are in the right or that you should follow them. You know what is right and others know what is right as you stand up for it, others will follow.
 
I love y'all and I am happy to be here because I know I am doing the right thing. Good job with your missionary work. We need the members to make this work go forward.
 
Another fun fact for you...the people of Brazil don't like Obama either. Go figure.
 
To send me stuff, it's best to use the mission home address unless its an email. The address is

Rua Deputado José Mariz, 515
Tambauzinho
João Pessoal – PB
Brazil
CEP : 58042-020

Love, Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment