Monday, December 30, 2013

December 10, 2013


Dear family,
I hope that this finds you well. I am thoroughly enjoying the mtc. My district is continuing to teach our first investigator: Edgar. He seems to be progressing in the gospel and is excited to come to church this Sunday. Elder Voorhies and I challenged him to be baptized but he says that he wants to learn more about the church before he commits to being baptized.
 
My district is learning Portuguese at an astonishing rate, the spirit of the MTC is really quite amazing. Our teacher is brother Lamperle he is a returned missionary of about 8 months. he went to Portugal. I have started re-reading to Book of Mormon with the goal of finishing before i leave the mtc because Elder Holland has extended that challenge to all missionaries.
 
I am doing well and staying warm. The other day it started snowing and naturally a mtc wide snowball fight broke out. It was awesome but at the end we discovered that a sister had lost her camera during the action. We prayed to be able to find her camera and after about 10 minutes of searching our prayers were answered...the power of missionaries. The people here are all so amazing and because of our missionary lifestyle they are all attuned with the spirit. I feel that the missionaries could literally accomplish anything that they set their minds to.
 
We also watched the Christmas devotional, then afterwards they showed all of the new missionaries a devotional by Elder Bednar: The Character of Christ. I don't know if you can find it since it is especially for missionaries but if you can I highly recommend that you look it up. I can't believe that I have been here a week already. I am learning so much about what it means to be a disciple of Christ. I thank you for the dutch Christmas it was a pleasant surprise.

Love,
Elder Wilson
-exact obedience brings miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment