Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 3, 2014

house keeping. i received the dear elder letter that you sent on Jan 14th. The way mail works here, I get physical mail once a month at zone meeting unless you work in the office because that is where all the mail goes through. The average time for mail is 3 weeks to 6 weeks, for a package 2-3months.

Questions

I have given no service yet.
I have a fan in my apartment and it is wonderful. I thank God for it in my prayers every night.
In guarabira there are very few bugs but it really just depends on where you are in the mission.
The ward mission leader is awesome. He is always looking to help us.
We don't actually have dinner appointments, we have lunch appointments and we have those through the members every day except pday. It's like I said, they love missionaries here.
I met with my mission prez this week. He has been serving since July. It wasn't much though - just a hi, welcome, do you have any probs, or need, we love you and are here for you. Nice but not much.

This week was a down week for missionary work in our city. Our district had 3 baptisms scheduled for Sat. and they all fell through. (hospital, relapse smoking, and one father changed his mind about giving approval). I guess that we just have to work harder. My companion blames himself for the lack of baptisms. He thinks that because he is district leader he could of done something more to help them be baptised. He isn't depressed. He just says ``we need to do better this week, okay lets go to work."
 
I had my first rain storm this week and then my second and third. It's funny - we walk and I use my umbrella (which is so nice) but its not quite big enough for all of me so my lower third is wet from the rain and the rest of me is sweating. It's more amusing than anything.
 
I love the Book of Mormon. We were teaching a family and one of the family members said I don't believe you because there can't be anything more than the Bible. My comp started to explain about how God gives his word to all people ect. I just said ``this is simple. I know this to be the truth and the word of God. This book is special because it is the only book with a test. I read her the Moroni promise and told her to do it. I gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she said that she would do it. We go back tomorrow to meet with them again. But the Book of Mormon is awesome because as Joseph Smith said ``it has the power to confound the wicked, and eliminate false doctrines teachings and beliefs.``
 
As for your investigators, Mom, give her a Book of Mormon and bring in the missionaries. You should get them involved because she will need to meet with them before she can be baptized, ect and they do this for a ``living``.

this week i had `cervada'. It is a drink that is brewed from a nut and tastes nutty and sweet. It looks and smells like coffee. I asked my comp what it was and he said coffee. He let me think that I was drinking Brazilian coffee for about 10 minutes. I even commented that it was funny because in America we don't drink coffee. He then finally busted out laughing and told the truth.
 
I hope y'all are well.
I'm glad that grandpa's ear will get better.

Love,
Elder Brett Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment